This position is for a contract FPGA VHDL developer. The successful applicant for this system will be skilled in the development of VHDL for Xilinix FPGAs targeted for PON applications. The primary focus of this position will be on automating build tools for delivering code to the Calix source control system. The applicant must have knowledge of both VHDL and tool scripting.
· Scripting Xilinix build tools.
· Developing and running test benches.
· Creating documentation for the code developed.
· Training staff in the use of the tools.
· Working with Calix software engineering on integrating the FPGA builds into their source control framework.
· BSEE or equivalent
· 2+ years experience
· Knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. PERL or Python)
· Knowledge of VHDL