We at Calix wake up every day and think about one thing – the best way to connect the device-enabled subscriber and the cloud-enhanced Internet of Everything. It’s a noble cause, and one that we share with a finite group of communications service providers (CSPs) around the world whose networks and software define the broadband experience of subscribers everywhere. As the leading provider of innovative communications software, systems, and services to these CSPs, our role is to provide the vision, the insights, and the solutions to enable them to be the service provider of choice to their subscribers.
This formula has worked. As Calix Software Defined Access and Calix Cloud innovations and value-added services enable our customers to transform their businesses and be the winning CSPs of tomorrow, they reward us with double-digit growth and extraordinary loyalty. It’s a virtuous cycle, and as a half-billion dollar start-up, it’s one that is just getting started.
Do you share our passion and want to learn more?
Massive change is occurring in the traditional service provider market with Calix positioned to play a key role in enabling our customers to deliver the best subscriber experience through agile software solutions, analytics and the cloud. This role is key to the company’s strategy of revolutionizing the Tier 3 broadband market and will report directly to the AVP, Field Marketing.
As Field Marketing Director, you will be responsible for building field marketing and demand generation programs that engage our Tier 3 customers across the buyer’s journey. You will develop and execute a pipeline progression and conversion strategy.
As a field marketing director, you will be a primary interface to the Calix Sales and Sales Engineering teams to identify market engagement strategies. This may include organizing and executing Executive Briefings with Clients (EBCs), roadshows and target market / customer workshops. You will also be an evangelist at industry events and conferences. Tight coordination with product marketing, demand generation, events and corporate marketing teams is also essential. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. Excellent communication and writing skills, original thought and creative ingenuity are musts for this position.
The position requires a strong sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done by influencing others, delegating, developing contacts and building relationships. There are a wide variety of activities that allow for individual expression and freedom to take action independently.
Having a positive impact on others in order to achieve results is also quite important in this position. The position requires social poise, warmth and friendliness, as well as the ability to stimulate and motivate others in order to achieve the results necessary for success. Frequently, there will be a need for flexibility, risk taking, and innovation.
In your role, you will be the expert in buyers, customers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. If this sounds like a role you can thrive in, we’re looking for you!
· Develop segment / vertical marketing strategies, positioning and messaging that differentiates your product portfolio in the market
· Sales alignment – partner with senior sales leaders to develop enablement, EBCs, targeted events / workshops, sales enablement plans
· Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the complete Calix portfolio to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of Tier 3 service providers
· Campaign coordination – organize the marketing plan for your target customers working closely with US based product marketing, demand generation, events and corporate communications teams
· Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them
· Pipeline nurturing – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that grow and progress your target market pipeline
· Be the face and voice of the Tier 3 market within Calix
· Evangelize the Calix portfolio to market specific organizations, publications, events
· Develop effective digital marketing strategies and plans
· Work with US based Demand Generation and Events teams to lead customer / market campaigns
· Develop and execute a customer journey strategy
· Craft compelling messages
· Author original content including blogs, web, collateral, solution briefs, white papers, social media articles and more
· 5-7+ years of field marketing experience targeting broadband service providers
· 4+ years FTTH, SDN, software, cloud, broadband or home networking marketing experience
· Bachelor’s in business or marketing, MBA preferred
· Very strong written communication skills including technical marketing
· Willing to travel 25%+
· Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
· Experience in telecommunications, cable / MSO market segments a plus
· Experience in marketing analytics
· Integrated marketing campaigns
· Proficiency in SFDC, TaskRay or similar desired
· North America – US or Canada, Remote