We are looking for an Senior Manager, Events, Conference and Event Performance to drive the effort to set our event strategy, lead the effort to transform our conference into an industry leading event, manage proprietary and third-party event logistics and operations, and help build a data-driven approach to event execution.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating and delivering highly engaging event experiences that align to business and marketing objectives and who wants to leverage marketing technology to support customer and prospect engagement and opportunity progression. This person will have deep event management experience, a proven-track record in creating annual and quarterly event plans, and superior cross-functional and executive communication skills.
· Own and lead the development of an event strategy and plan that supports Calix business objectives, optimizes the Calix event mix, and supports customer and prospect engagement and opportunity progression
· Leads the planning, execution management of Calix signature events including Calix ConneXions. This will include running a management system that promotes visibility and collaboration across functions
· Runs an event management system that ensures that events are aligned to Calix marketing objectives and campaigns, ensures forward looking view, and assesses event effectiveness against KPIs
· Lead the events analytics efforts including defining KPIs, root cause analysis, and action plans
· Lead planning and execution of assigned event programs of various size and effectiveness including recommending event plan (sponsorships, adjacent activities, etc), manage all event logistics and support, partnering with cross-function team on agenda and content, and ensuring follow-up (partnering with campaign managers).
· Manage vendor relationships to support event execution
· Champion implementation of event technology and integration with wider marketing automation systems
· Manage event budget
· Experience building event strategy, creating an event evaluation framework, and leading efforts for continuous improvement
· Proven track-record running management system, process for broad set of stakeholders
· Exceptional execution and logistics skills
· Experience leading user groups and conferences
· Demonstrated leadership and communication skills across functions and org levels
· Ability to influence, partner and effectively collaborate across organizations
· Contracting, negotiations, and compliance experience
· Vendor sourcing and management
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including executive updates
· Event reporting and analysis
· Team Orientation - Willingness and ability to work in close collaboration with others to reach goals, and subordinate personnel agendas and recognize team performance
· 8-10 years event management experience
· Experience with Cvent, Pardot and Salesforce a plus
· Bachelors Degree preferred